Rite Aid launches Nail Extravaganza contest
CAMP HILL, Pa. — Rite Aid is sponsoring its second annual nail-art contest, the retail pharmacy chain said Tuesday.
Rite Aid announced the launch of its "Nail Extravaganza," based around the two-round "Search for the Rite Aid Nail Enthusiast" contest; the first round runs through May 24. Contestants compete for 20 prizes by submitting nail designs at Riteaidnails.com.
"After the tremendous success of last year's Nail Extravaganza in stores and online, it was an easy decision to bring Rite Aid's hottest beauty contest back this year," Rite Aid VP marketing Craig Riner said. "Nail fans everywhere will love the new site additions, including an interactive database of nail designs, regularly updated tips from beauty experts, and trend videos from the contest's 16 sponsors, who are respected leaders in the beauty industry."
On May 24, the 20 contestants who receive the most votes will receive a palette of nail products from sponsors like L'Oreal, Maybelline Color Show, Sally Hansen, Kiss, Essie, SensatioNail and others. Starting June 10, the 20 new designs will be judged for originality, complexity and visual appeal by a panel of three judges that includes Revlon SVP Annette Falso, Kiss Nail Dress brand ambassador and "Nail Files" reality show cast member Katie Cazorla and beauty blogger Julie G.
The grand prize winner will be chosen by scoring the expert judges' votes as 40% of each contestant's tally with the remaining 60% based on the public vote. The grand prize winner will receive a $500 Rite Aid gift card, nail products from suppliers that only sell their products in Rite Aid, the opportunity to be featured in the chain's nail promotional materials and a year of Gold status in the Wellness+ loyalty-card program.
Like this story? Find us on Facebook for more insight, analysis and the latest in drug store news. Join the conversation.