Procter & Gamble launches tween oral care line
CINCINNATI Procter & Gamble is targeting the tween market with the launch of its new Crest and Oral-B Pro-Health For Me, the first and only complete line of oral care products designed for children eight years of age and older, according to the company.
The products were created to protect the areas dentists check in children, and are in flavors and designs that older children will like, in order to help ease the battle of the brush.
Tooth decay still is recognized as the most common chronic disease affecting children in the United States, and 51 million hours of school are lost each year due to dental-related illnesses, P&G stated. Furthermore, 1-out-of-4 parents surveyed in America said his or her kids do a "fair" or "poor" job of taking care of their own mouths, teeth and gums. Among these parents, 70% stated their kids avoid brushing, and 80% stated that their kids avoid flossing.
"Camp Rock 2" and "Step Up 3D" actress Alyson Stoner and her mom, LuAnne, understand that an open line of communication is crucial for parents and kids to develop lifelong healthy routines. They've partnered with Crest and Oral-B Pro-Health For Me to help other families work together to make healthy decisions, especially when it comes to oral health.
The Pro-Health For Me line consists of toothbrushes that are just the right size for older children, toothpaste and rinse flavors designed for tweens, and floss picks that are easy to use and less messy -- all in unique packaging that's cool enough for kids 8 years and older.
The Pro-Health For Me product line includes:
- Oral-B Pulsar Pro-Health For Me vibrating toothbrush, which features gentle, vibrating bristles that help break up plaque between teeth for a deep clean and a pressure-sensitive split head that adjusts to the contours of kids' teeth;
- Oral-B Pro-Health For Me CrossAction toothbrush, which features a combination of CrissCross bristles and a Power Tip to reach and clean between the sensitive gaps that children 8 to 12 years old experience;
- Crest Pro-Health For Me fluoride anticavity toothpaste, which helps to fight cavities, strengthens enamel and freshens breath within a Minty Breeze flavor;
- Crest Pro-Health For Me anticavity fluoride rinse, which reaches areas where children may have missed brushing and helps fight cavities for healthy teeth, all without the burn of alcohol; and
- Oral-B Pro-Health For Me floss picks, which are easy to use for a more complete clean versus brushing alone.