P&G launches whitening collection
CINCINNATI Procter & Gamble is going 3-D with its new Crest and Oral-B 3D White collection, which launches this month.
"Research shows that many consumers are overwhelmed by the vast selection of whitening products available, which causes them to experience confusion when making purchasing decisions and ultimately express dissatisfaction with their results," stated Doreen Bayliff, VP of P&G North American Oral Care. "We created the new 3D White collection so that consumers can easily choose the ideal combination of products for them, based on their desired level of whitening, effort and price point. And, with the use of the 3D White collection, we can guarantee consumers will not only see a whiter smile, but also be happy with their results."
The Crest and Oral-B 3D White collection includes Professional Effects Whitestrips with Advanced Seal Technology, Vivid toothpaste, MultiCare whitening rinse, and Advantage Vivid and Pulsar Advanced Vivid toothbrushes.
The collection works in combination for noticeable whitening results. According to P&G, the system was created to address both the surface stains as well as embedded stains.
- Crest 3D White Professional Effects Whitestrips with Advanced Seal technology features P&G's most efficacious concentration of whitening ingredient available at retail. The strips are to be worn once a day for 30 minutes. The $50 kit offers 20 whitening doses.
- Crest 3D White Vivid toothpaste promises to provide up to 80% stain removal for a whiter smile in 14 days. A patented dual-action silica system helps polish away surface stains to gently whiten teeth. The toothpaste is priced at $3.25 for 4 ounces; $3.75 for 5.8 ounces; and $4.25 for 7.6 oz.
- Crest 3D White MultiCare whitening rinse is specifically formulated with two whitening ingredients, hydrogen peroxide and sodium hexametaphosphate, to whiten teeth by removing surface stains and protecting against future stains. The price is $5.89 for 473ml and $7.29 for 946ml.
- Oral-B Pulsar 3D White Advanced Vivid toothbrush vibrates and polishes away surface stains on and between teeth. MicroPulse bristles pivot and pulse to clean teeth, while a pressure-sensitive head adjusts to the contours of the teeth. The price is $6.99.
- Oral-B Advantage 3D White Vivid toothbrush features center bristles that hold toothpaste, extra long bristles to help clean hard-to-reach places and blue “indicator” bristles that fade away so consumers know when to replace the brush. The price is $3.49.