Industry group names Henkel best marketer for moms
CHICAGO The Marketing to Moms Coalition awarded a laundry detergent brand for honoring, empowering and respecting mothers through its marketing and public relations campaigns.
The Marketing to Moms Coalition said Henkel's promotion of Purex complete 3-in-1 laundry sheets featured a campaign with insights from moms, generated through online studies, panel studies, ethnographies and a variety of other research methods.
The Purex complete 3-in-1 laundry sheets launch included the following elements:
- Blogger relations campaign with influential mom bloggers, to generate word-of-mouth publicity;
- Social media outreach on Facebook and Twitter;
- Print and television advertising that ran during season finales of shows, including "Desperate Housewives" and "Ugly Betty;"
- Real mom testimonials and viral videos, often featuring a great sense of humor;
- Dedicated website, PurexInsiders.com, showcasing real moms' opinions of Purex Complete 3-in-1 laundry sheets; and
- A cause-marketing campaign, "Purex Changes Lives," in which the company donated $50,000 to help 100 global moms pull their families out of poverty.
"Henkel's launch of Purex Complete 3-in-1 laundry sheets is an entertaining, insightful and powerful demonstration of how to reach modern moms," said Teri Lucie Thompson, a founding member of the Marketing to Moms Coalition and VP marketing and media at Purdue University. "The company's campaign was well-executed and delivered outstanding results. It's a veritable case study on how to reach moms effectively."