DSN to co-host pre-TSE forum: Seven ways to create the future
LAS VEGAS — The Mack Elevation Forum and the Drug Store News Group will co-host a one-day summit event on Aug. 9, here, at the Westin Hotel, as a special kickoff for Total Store Expo. Assembling some of the top minds in retail, "The Elevation Forum: The Seven Ideas to Create the Future," will give attendees a grasp of emerging industry best practices in strategic sales, marketing, merchandising and retail consumer packaged goods strategy.
"They best win through joint development, and they are in a constant dialogue with their partners," noted Dan Mack, founder and leader of Mack Elevation Forum, who will moderate the forum. "They unleash growth by creating the future with their retail partners."
Highlights of the forum will include:
- Joe Magnacca, CEO of RadioShack — how to create a game-changing culture that emphasizes speed to market and customer experience;
- Dennis Moore, Nielsen's SVP analytics — the future of big data and how to synthesize social media, market basket and syndicated data;
- Google head of CPG Catherine Roe — how to build an infectious brand;
- IRI VP, general manager of strategy Larry Levin — incremental growth through localized assortments;
- Mark Jones of IDEO, makers of the first mouse for Apple and the first Treo — how to create a culture of innovation;
- Ken Martindale, Rite Aid COO — how to re-imagine and reinvent your business; and
- Walgreens' Shannon Curtin, VP beauty, personal care and seasonal — the best practices for retailer-vendor new item co-creation.
"[Like] the TED series of conferences, our mission is to create a similar experience for our industry," noted DSN publisher Wayne Bennett.
"It is not about the size of your organization," Mack noted. "It's about the value you create with the consumer, the retailers and the industry. This is an event for leaders who are looking for an edge."