CVS/pharmacy reaches mobile customers with iPhone app
WOONSOCKET, R.I. CVS/pharmacy has developed a free, downloadable application for mobile customers that seek to manage their prescriptions and shopping lists on the go.
The drug store chain said that its app is available for the iPhone, can be downloaded from iTunes or the Apple app store and allows customers to take advantage of the following features:
- Find nearby CVS/pharmacy locations using the GPS-based store locator with integrated driving directions and maps;
- Refill prescriptions from a personalized prescription history for pickup at any CVS/pharmacy;
- Transfer prescriptions from another pharmacy to CVS/pharmacy;
- Access the Drug Information Center to retrieve critical details about medication management, including instructions for use, dosing information, side effects and relevant safety warnings;
- View and manage sales circular to create a custom shopping list and identify money-saving deals each week; and
- Schedule a flu shot at any local CVS/pharmacy location.
"We have introduced the CVS/pharmacy mobile application to give customers the ability to manage prescriptions and access important health information from any location," said Rob Price, SVP marketing and chief marketing officer for CVS/pharmacy. "In addition to managing prescriptions, the mobile application will provide instant access to our flu shot scheduler, and even allow customers to plan shopping trips in advance using our mobile circular. With more than 7,000 locations and the addition of this mobile application, CVS/pharmacy continues to be the most convenient destination for our customers' healthcare needs."