Cracker Jack introduces two new flavors, modernized prizes and more nuts
PLANO, Texas — In celebration of its 120-year anniversary, the Cracker Jack brand from PepsiCo's Frito-Lay division has evolved for today's consumers with modern prizes, more peanuts and new flavors joining the fold.
"After 120 years, we knew it was the right time for the Cracker Jack brand to modernize to really suit the changing snacking preferences among our biggest fans, while still remaining true to our nostalgic roots," said David Skena, vice president of marketing, Frito-Lay. "By offering improved prizes, more peanuts and delicious new flavors, we're giving our fans a new and improved product experience that still celebrates what they've loved about Cracker Jack snacks all these years."
The new and exciting modifications being made to Cracker Jack snacks include:
- Two delicious new flavors rolling out nationwide this spring — Cracker Jack Kettle Corn popcorn, offering a sweet and savory flavor profile, and Cracker Jack Butter Toffee popcorn, which includes a buttery toffee taste that makes it the perfect snack to unwind with after a long day of work or play;
- More crunchy, delicious peanuts in two of the most popular Cracker Jack Original snack packages (4 and 8 oz.);
- Modernized Cracker Jack snack prizes with new digital components, including classic stickers with fun facts and special codes that offer surprises online;
- A new Cracker Jack-branded mobile app, featuring two nostalgic games (Baseball and Pinball) available free for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch mobile devices and all Android devices at www.crackerjackapp.com;
- Working with one of the most recognizable brands in baseball, the recently reinvented Louisville Slugger, the Cracker Jack brand is participating in an online sweepstakes through the Louisville Slugger Facebook page (facebook.com/louisvilleslugger), where fans can enter to win exciting prizes, such as exclusive Cracker Jack-branded gear, customized Louisville Slugger items and even a chance to win enough products to meet every need for an entire baseball team;
- Cracker Jack snacks is also proud to partner with Macy's in a variety of activities, including a featured appearance in Macy's "American Icons" 2013 summer catalog, as well as several sampling events around the country.
Earlier this month, Frito-Lay launched a new brand called Cracker Jack'D snacks, which was developed specifically to fit the on-the-go lifestyle of today's young men. Cracker Jack'D is an independent, stand-alone brand developed specifically for millennial male consumers with a collection of intense flavors developed to meet their unique tastes.
The delicious blend of caramel-coated popcorn and peanuts known today as Cracker Jack snacks was first introduced in 1893 by F.W. Ruechkheim at the World's Columbian Exposition, Chicago's first world's fair. Since its introduction, enough Cracker Jack product has been sold to stack end-to-end more than 63 times around the world.
The new Cracker Jack products, Cracker Jack Butter Toffee Popcorn Snack (4 oz. SRP $1.49, 8.5 oz. SRP $2.29), Cracker Jack Kettle Corn Popcorn Snack (3 oz. MSRP $1.49) and Cracker Jack Original Caramel Coated Popcorn and Peanut snacks with "More Nuts" (4 oz. SRP $1.49, 8.5 oz. SRP $2.29), will be available nationwide wherever Cracker Jack brands are sold.