Bartell Drugs, World Vision kick off school supplies drive
SEATTLE The 7th annual School Tools for Kids in Need program to collect school supplies for students in need at all 58 Bartell Drug locations will run through August 29, courtesy of Bartell Drugs and World Vision.
Federal Way-based World Vision provides Puget Sound area teachers -- whose students qualify for free or reduced-price lunch programs -- to “shop” for school supplies for these children free of charge at World Vision’s teacher resource center. The "Basic Needs" list of supplies includes:
- Acme rulers
- Dixon #2 pencils
- Bic Cristal or round stic ink pens (10-pack, blue or black)
- Elmer’s Glue glue-all or school glue/4 oz. bottles
- 3M Scotch scissors for kids
- Avery Glue Stic/2 pack (acid-free, photo-safe, permanent, washable)
- Pentel hi-polymer erasers (3-pack)
- Avery poly binders (1/2-inch or 1-inch sizes)
- Prang crayons (24-count)
- Avery hi-liter markers (yellow or pink)
- C Leonard erasers
In related news, the Seattle Storm will be helping to raise awareness of the program at a “Back-to-School Night” game August 21. Bartell Drugs and World Vision will be on hand collecting school supplies.