- Sears names supermarket veteran Michel chief of food, health and pharmacy efforts
- Giant-Landover president to exit at end of year
- Giant-Landover appoints Gayle Shields as director of pharmacy operations
- Giant-Landover donates to local breast cancer group
- Survey ranks customers' favorite grocery shopping destinations
CARLISLE, Pa. — Ahold USA has appointed a former Walmart executive to head its Landover, Md.-based Giant Food division, the supermarket operator said Tuesday.
Ahold, the U.S. subsidiary of Netherlands-based Royal Ahold, announced the appointment of Anthony Hucker as division president of the division, also known as Giant-Landover, effective Oct. 3. Hucker will replace Don Sussman, who has served as the division's interim president since the end of last year and will assume the role of EVP supply chain for Ahold USA. Giant-Landover operates 173 stores in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and the District of Columbia.
Hucker, who has worked in retailing for more than 25 years, most recently served at Walmart as corporate VP and head of the Walmart Express division, having joined the retailer in 2004. He began his career in the European retail industry, particularly Aldi, where he was part of the original startup team for Aldi UK.