Accordant Health Services reaccredited by URAC
WOONSOCKET, R.I. CVS Caremark announced on Wednesday that Accordant Health Services has been awarded case management reaccreditation from URAC, a healthcare accrediting organization that establishes quality standards for the healthcare industry.
Accordant Health Services provides health plans and CVS Caremark PBM client members with health management solutions including: disease management and case management. Accordant provides case management services for members with rare, complex medical conditions requiring specialized care.
"CVS Caremark is honored that Accordant Health Services has received case management reaccreditation from URAC," stated Troyen Brennan, EVP and chief medical officer of CVS Caremark. "We are very pleased to be recognized for providing outstanding services in the industry. This distinction also underscores the quality of our work with our customers and their members by demonstrating compliance with national standards for case management services."
The URAC's case management accreditation standards require companies to establish a process to assess, plan and implement case management interventions. Accordant initially received case management accreditation from URAC in 2007.
In addition to meeting mandatory accreditation requirements, Accordant's case management program also met five leading indicators identified by URAC as highly effective practices, not widely adopted in the field of Case Management. The indicators include:
- Requirement for use of plain language in consumer materials
- Assessment of use of plain language in consumer materials
- Provision of relevant guidance to staff that develops or uses consumer materials on how to communicate in ways that are understandable to the consumer
- Requirement that nurses have mandatory case management certification within four years of hire
- Proactive verification activities for licensure and certification.